Signed in as:
Signed in as:
1866: A little Chapel stands at Ambrose and Lake Ave. As the congregation grows, they build what is now the Lake Avenue Baptist Church.
1890: The little Chapel is moved brick-by brick-to Lyell Avenue and Cameron Street as Lyell Avenue Baptist Church.
1982: The congregation dwindles, and the Lyell Avenue Baptist Church is decommissioned.
1983: The American Baptist Churches of Monroe County and the Genesee Valley Presbytery seek space to establish a community ministry.
1984: Jane Baldwin, a student at Colgate Divinity School, conducts a needs assessment for the Lyell Ave area and concludes that the needs of this aging neighborhood are many and the services are few. She becomes the part-time coordinator for the ministry.
1985: April 23, 1985, the Cameron Community Ministries is legally incorporated. Jane Baldwin becomes the first Executive Director. CCM begins with Youth Programs, the Hot Lunch Program and a Clothing Closet.
1994: Kid’s Café Begins – Foodlink’s pilot program.
1997: The Parsonage becomes the Clothing House.
2001: Youth summer programming begins.
2009: The youth programs are licensed through NYS Office of Children & Family Services.
2012: The house next door, known for criminal activity, is torn down and replaced by the beautiful ‘Christopher’s Place’ Playground. Christopher’s Place gives children in the neighborhood a safe place to play outside.
2014: Cameron celebrates 30 years!
2019: Cameron’s Teen Center opens. The Peace Garden is constructed.
2022: Cameron opens its AT&T Digital Learning Lab
2023: The Saturday Academy opens, offering STEM and Cultural Arts Programs for K-12.
48 Cameron St., Rochester NY
Copyright © 2022 Cameron Community - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy